Background by Freepik

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Peachy Feature: Teaser Tuesday


Meme name:
Teaser Tuesday
Day: Tuesday
Hosted by: 
MizB @ Should Be Reading
Description: 
Teaser Tuesday is a great feature in which take a sentence from the current page and book you're reading to so to speak entice, engage, and promote the book to your readers.

Synopsis:
During WW1, a meteorite crashed, releasing a mist that changed the DNA of all who were exposed. One hundred years has passed and society is divided between the Norms and the Caelians, whose changed DNA awakened dormant gifts, called Talents. Sadie is over it! She’s an orphan, her boyfriend was murdered, and she’s the only Caelian at St. Vincent’s without a Talent. Once she turns 18, there will be no place for her in the world. That is, until a chance encounter with Kian, a Caelian boy who makes her feel uncomfortable and alive at the same time. Secrets of her past are uncovered and Sadie’s latent, rare Talent is exposed. With great power comes the hunters, hired by an egomaniac who wants to use Sadie’s power to establish Caelian dominance. On the run with Kian and her friends, Sadie will have to decide: hide or fight. Will Sadie accept her new reality or will she stay lost?


Chapter 11:

Rebecca jumped up, pulling Madison and me into a tight hug with her momentum. My arms wound around both girls' waists and I felt the sweetness of Rebecca's Talents and the heat from Madison's leak into my lower back. With great care and restraint, I released a small vein of my Talent into my friends and for a moment we were one, our Talents flowing between the three of us, connecting to my best friends on a primal level

So far, I absolutely LOVE this book! It is just consistently exciting and such a fast pace read. The characters are just so wonderful and genuine, and if it weren't for my full time job I'd have finished this in a day!


I can't wait to write my review :)