Background by Freepik

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Feature: Teaser Tuesday (from the book Dreamer)



Meme name:  
Teaser Tuesday

Day:
Tuesday

Hosted by
MizB @ Should Be Reading

Description
Teaser Tuesday is a great feature in which take a sentence from the current page and book you're reading to so to speak entice, engage, and promote the book to your readers.

Rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a random page
3. Share two (2) or so “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.




I haven't done a Teaser Tuesday in SUCH a long time, so I though why not start it up again! I know I am only supposed to use a few sentences, but I want to give you readers a good impression of the book I am reading at the moment, so I took out a little tiny section from the second chapter.


"Almost there now. Easy, now, don't try to get up."
City lights stream by, neon signs and street lights a horizontal blur. A vision of fire ants chewing their way to my femur, suddenly leaves me suddently cold. My teeth begin to clatter. Shit, shit...

"Mort, this one's circling the drain, I need a couple bottles of saline or 5% albumin if you've got 'em". An EMT-- I don't remember which one, it doesn't matter anyways-- Jabs a big needle into my IV port and starts the solution.

I'm squeezing Miss Drenton's hand as we pull up to the Emergency Room Door...




Synopsis:

When homely college student Stella Denton and nerdy professor Harry Vale find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time during a convenience store hold-up, the result turns deadly. A ricocheted bullet enters Stella’s brain, causing her to sink into a coma.

But Stella is actually more ‘alive’ than doctors realize. Though outwardly unresponsive, she’s actually ‘awakening’ in Jarmo, an Eden-like paradise that actually existed 9000 years ago.

In this alternate world, the New Stella is beautiful and desirable, while the hunky chief of the tribe turns out to be a notched-up version of her Anthro professor, Harry Vale. Stella flourishes in Jarmo, where Harry teaches her the finer points of sex, romance, and passion.

But is Jarmo and all its delights truly an alternative reality? Or is it just a dream, and Stella the Dreamer? Is her beloved Jarmo (as well as New Harry) nonexistent, just a figment of her severely injured brain? When Stella emerges suddenly from the coma, she must make an irrevocable choice between two lives… one of which may not really exist—and the choosing of which might lead to her obliteration.




How does that sound;)?  Let me know what your Teaser Tuesday is in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really great book! I hope I get to read it someday!

    My teaser is from Amity and Sorrow by Peggy Riley: http://allsortsofbooks.blogspot.jp/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-amity-and-sorrow-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting! Plus the cover of the book intrigues me and I want to read it based just on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting... The cover is unique. Never heard of this one before now.

    Here's my teaser: http://chasmofbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday_16.html?spref=tw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I should check this book out. And that cover is beautiful!

    ps: Your blog is just the cutest! =D

    ReplyDelete